MapsAlive was designed as a do it yourself service, but some people just don't have the time or they lack the necessary skills to create the kind of solution they really want. If that describes you, read on.
How we can help you
Depending on your needs and budget we can work with you in any of these ways:
If the list above does not include what you need, give us a call. We would be happy to discuss your particular requirements.
- Set up a working framework and then turn it over to you to add your content. We do the heavy lifting and you do the rest.
- Deliver a complete solution ready to integrate into your web site. You provide the specification or we can work with you to develop one.
- Create custom map shapes such as sales territories or building outlines. We can also provide custom variations of our Ready Maps if you need them.
- Consult with you to help you decide how your map should work and how to best integrate it with a larger overall solution. We can also help you develop an RFP.
How much will it cost?
We can estimate the cost of your custom solution if you can provide us with some key information.
First, tell us your budget so that we can tell you if the job can be done for what you can afford to spend. As the interactive map experts, we can usually provide a lot of value for a modest cost. Note that we cannot give a quote without a budget and our minimum charge is $250.
Second, give us as much information as possible about the solution you want. If you are not sure of what you need, or you need help defining your requirements, or if your requirements are complex, we may charge a fee to cover the cost of producing a quote.
Why a Budget is Important
When we ask people how much money they have budgeted for custom work, the answer is usually "I don't know. How much will it cost?" If we give them a number and they reply "That's too much." then they really did know, otherwise how did they determine that the price was too high?
We can save your valuable time and ours if you tell us up front what you need and what you can afford. If your budget is too small, we might still be able to come up with a solution that satisfies your most important requirements without the bells and whistles. Or we might just tell you that the job can't be done for that amount.
Some people are uncomfortable revealing a number because they think they'll be overcharged. All we can say is we don't work that way. If your budget is larger than what's needed, we'll tell you.
If you don't know your budget, but want to know how much you'll need to spend, we can prepare an estimate for a fee to cover the cost of our time.
What we need to know from you
- How many maps and approximately how many hotspots will you need?
- What kind of map and hotspot images will you be using and where will they come from?
- What kind of hotspot content will you be using and where will the data come from? Will you want to type it in by hand, import it from a spreadsheet or XML file, or access it in real time from your server?
- How often will your data change and who will be maintaining it?
- Will your map need custom shapes or markers?
- How will the map be displayed on the internet? Will it be embedded in another web page or used standalone?
- Do you want to use the built-in MapsAlive directory? If so, will your hotspots be categorized?
- Will your maps be zoomable?
- Do you need features that are not already built in to MapsAlive such as a legend, turn-by-turn driving directions from Google Maps, or communication with a containing web page or your server?
How to get a quote
To get a quote, send us your answers to the questions above along with your budget and as much additional information as possible to email@example.com. It would also be helpful if we can see your map images.
We are looking forward to working with you!