Live Data Plugin for Omeka¶
The MapsAlive plugin lets your Omeka installation act as a MapsAlive Live Data server that provides the interactive map with information from your Omeka items.
How it works¶
- A user clicks or touches a hotspot on your interactive map.
- The map makes a Live Data request to the plugin to get information for that hotspot. The request includes:
- The identifiers of the item or items that contain the information for the hotspot.
- The name of a template that describes how the information should be presented.
- The plugin gets the information from the Omeka database and inserts it into places in the template that you specify.
- The plugin sends the filled-in template back to the map as a Live Data response.
Get the plugin¶
The MapsAlive plugin is open source software that is available for free at https://github.com/gsoules/MapsAlive-Plugin.